For my friends and familys amusement and edification

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

MS Cloud Plans

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thump

PostSubject: MS Cloud Plans   Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:22 am

I logged in as you on the Onedrive account to remove my credit card from the automatic renewel 'cause there's better deals than the one we have.  I wasn't able to, went to Microsoft's help page and it told me to log in and click the "Manage Account" button.  No such button available there anywhere.

I don't monitor your email account, it's in your name, but I doubt the new prices and terms will be there.  I don't know yet what all the different plans will be but we can get over twice as much space now for less money than I paid.  Article:

MS slashes cloud storage costs

Anyone with a Microsoft account and therefore access

to OneDrive (its version of Google Drive and Apple's

iCloud) now gets 15GB of storage for standard (it used

to be 7GB and 25GBs before that). While for just $1.99

a month you can now rent 100GB (that's down from

$7.49) and for just $3.99 (down from $11.49) can get

200GB instead.

I like it better than Google's plan but don't want to keep paying what we were before the new deal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thumpnet.com
rockhump

PostSubject: Re: MS Cloud Plans   Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:01 pm

Yo Thump,
I figured it out. There's a little "wheel" next to my name and when you click on it you have a choice for "options" From there, you will see "manage". I was going to remove your card for you and diasble auto renew but apparently it errors out on my work laptop for some reason. Anyway, feel free to remove your card or let me know and I can do it from home. If it asks for a damn security code, try 3013226
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thump

PostSubject: Re: MS Cloud Plans   Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:46 pm

That code didn't work, I think it just sent you a new code at @siemens .com.  There's a box to check so it'll store something on the computer I'm using for this but I guess you have to code in once to get that to work.  Just do it when you get home if you want or we could coordinate some time and you give me the code while it's waiting.  Pisser, it sure didn't give me any problems signing up and giving it money.

You could just leave the card and tell it not to automaically update, then when it got close to expiration it would notify you and you could see if it's giving the new reduced price automatically before you decide.

There's only 7 gigs free of 50 gigs right now, there'll be 57 gigs free for less money under the new plan so it hasn't converted at this time.

Curly had automatic renew at Bluehost and they did but charged him about three times as much as he'd paid for the first three years. He called and got it down to about twice what he originally paid and let it go. They'll screw you at the automatic renewel just ike at the drive through.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thumpnet.com
rockhump

PostSubject: Re: MS Cloud Plans   Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:31 pm

Yeah, got a new code. I'll tell it not to automatically update/charge when I get home. This whole security code business they've implemented has pretty much soured me on them.

This may be outdated but it looks like Google Drive offers 100gb for $1.99.

http://www.zdnet.com/google-drive-storage-prices-slashed-now-starts-at-1-99-for-100gb-7000027310/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rockhump

PostSubject: Re: MS Cloud Plans   Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:21 pm

I removed your credit card info and told it not to renew again. It would not let me cancel even though I went through two more iterations of "send me a fuc#%$#%ing code. Thanks for the hook-up but time to lick our wounds on this mess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MS Cloud Plans   

Back to top Go down

MS Cloud Plans
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1