For my friends and familys amusement and edification

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Tupperware

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rockhump

PostSubject: Tupperware   Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:15 am

Looks like TUP might be oversold due to the earnings miss. Nice PE and pays a good divy. Might keep an eye on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thump

PostSubject: Re: Tupperware   Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:32 am

Maybe, I don't know.  It's not for me.  Earnings are a little
erratic.  I really don't want any home sales company.
It's down because it lowered it's earning expectations to
lower than analysts had predicted.

Their website made it a little hard to get the earnings, had
to open each quarterly report to get at the earnings.

TUP
2nd quarter 2014
GAAP diluted E.P.S. $0.63 versus $0.95 prior year. Adjusted*, diluted E.P.S. $0.90, up 5% in local currency.
1st quarter 2014
GAAP diluted E.P.S. $1.02, versus $1.06 last year. Adjusted*, diluted E.P.S. $1.31, up 24% in local
currency and 13 cents above high-end of guidance.

4th quarter
GAAP diluted E.P.S. $1.74, versus $1.34 last year. Adjusted*, diluted E.P.S. $1.81, up 12% in local
currency.
3rd quarter
GAAP diluted E.P.S. $0.95, versus $0.85 last year. Adjusted*, diluted E.P.S. $1.00, up 16% in local currency
2nd quarter
GAAP diluted E.P.S. $1.43, versus $0.22 last year, which included non-cash purchase accounting
impairment charges. Adjusted*, diluted E.P.S. $1.46, up 11% in local currency.
1st quarter
GAAP diluted E.P.S. $1.06, up 4% versus last year. Excluding certain items impacting
comparability*, dilu

Morgan Stanley: Tupperware Brands Trips Over Low Bar

Tupperware Brands Corporation (NYSE: TUP) shares fell sharply Wednesday after the company cut its 2014 outlook below Street views.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thumpnet.com
Thump

PostSubject: Re: Tupperware   Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:51 am

I might look again. Reading an article that's trying to pick the
best deal in undervalued dividend paying stocks and the first
one was TUP.

Tupperware (TUP)

Tupperware sells kitchen, storage, beauty, and personal care products through its network of 2.9 million independent sales agents spread throughout the world. The company is truly global; Tupperware generates more revenue in the Asia Pacific region than it does in the U.S.

Tupperware has a price-to-earnings ratio of 14.8 and a one-year-forward price-to-earnings ratio of just 11.8. The company has a healthy 4.3% dividend yield to go along with its low price-to-earnings ratios. From 2011 through 2013, Tupperware traded at a price-to-earnings ratio that was in line with the S&P 500. The company is currently trading at a 25% discount to the S&P 500's price-to-earnings ratio. The company looks even cheaper using its one-year-forward price-to-earnings ratio.

Tupperware's stock price is down due to weakness of its beauty products in North America, negative currency effects in Latin America and Asia, and significant declines in Germany in its flagship Tupperware brand. The company saw sales in Germany fall nearly 29% in the second quarter of 2014 versus the same quarter a year ago. Management took immediate action. By the third quarter of 2014, sales in Germany were down only 6% versus the same quarter a year ago. The company's management completely turned around its German operations in just three months. This is a very positive sign for potential Tupperware investors.

Tupperware's management has proven it can solve the operational problems the company is having. When the company returns to positive growth, its price-to-earnings ratio will likely jump. In the meantime, shareholders will benefit from the stocks 4.3% dividend yield. "
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thumpnet.com
rockhump

PostSubject: Re: Tupperware   Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:37 am

Yeah, I didn't buy it but still watching. Looks Ok at these levels and the divvy is nice even if the stock just sits at the current price.

Good call on Seas a couple of days ago! I didn't buy but sold my shares yesterday after the nice run up ( out at $17.30). I actually pared back a few things yesterday.

Nice run for a few days for sure!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tupperware   

Back to top Go down

Tupperware
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Thump's Place FL :: General Discussion :: Anything-
Jump to: