For my friends and familys amusement and edification

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Curly's Computer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thump

PostSubject: Curly's Computer   Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:08 pm

Well he's got a fine computer that's ready for anything most folks would do. He's ordered an extra gig of ram though and then it'll really be ready to work at it's best. He's set up, networked, and has a couple of Virtual Machines, small and with very little ram each until the new ram comes.

He's struggling a little 'cause he's went in one fell swoop from XP to Vista and that takes some learning and getting used to.
On top of that he's trying to quit AOL cold turkey and that's giving him the DTs. I tried to set up his load of links on his start page in my spare time to try and help. I'm afraid he really didn't know much about computers, he just knew about AOL and lived there in a different world.

I don't have much done at all on Diane's new one from Curly, I'll have to bring the Dell over here I guess 'cause I can't get her pictures and files off with it just sitting over there in the floor. I'll start this afternoon or tomorrow after I've rested up some.

Thump
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thumpnet.com
rockhump

PostSubject: AOL SUX   Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:05 pm

Time to get out of the dark ages Curly! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thump

PostSubject: Re: Curly's Computer   Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:42 pm

Curly backslid.
He'd installed AOL 9, the newest one on the machine he gave Diane and she told me last night she was having trouble with it. She said that after she clicked Contacts that they appeared on the left but she couldn't get them into the "To:" field. She said why is everything different? and I told her that Curly had installed the newest latest version and she said is there someway to get it back the way it was and I said yes. I went over today and uninstalled AOL 9.0 and downloaded AOL8.0 and installed it. I reckon she'll be happy with it.

Curly never could figure out how the 9.0 worked either and hadn't installed it on his new one. After he saw it work he wanted me to do his. Well he really shouldn't have it if he's going to do web design and stuff but I put it on and got it to the place where it wanted his password. Dianed had told me hers so I just set it up and got it going but he hadn't. He'd gone out to the shop so I went and asked him what his password was. He said I don't know, I've changed it so many times, let me see and went back in the house and tried over and over but hadn't figured out what it was when I left. He's just sitting there with his cap on with a bill and his glasses and staring intently at it and kept on trying. I came on home, I guess he's there still.

Thump
Back to top Go down
rockhump

PostSubject: Curly's woes   Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:27 am

That's funny Thump lol!
You think he's gone to bed yet or has he been sitting there all night?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thump

PostSubject: Re: Curly's Computer   Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:05 am

I got a side view of it and it was funny but I didn't lol, didn't even snicker until I got home. Just to rub it in a little I e-mailed him and asked if he ever figured it out or did he have to call AOL and have them reset his password.(Just to remind him he could). He wouldn't have stayed too long though. I don't know if he got it figured out or not and neither did Diane.

She forwarded four e-mail yesterday afternoon so she knew how to get the addresses in the "To:" field with the older version.
She came over last night and I asked her how it was doing and she was pleased and said it was working fine. I asked her if Curly got his straightened out (didn't mention what the problem was) and she said she didn't know but he left that and did something else.
I'd fixed Curly a start page at:
http://www.littleshopofgames.com/Pages/hey/3home.html
and he can get on his e-mail there without using the AOL "desktop" and Firefox remembers his password but just puts it in little ****** and don't tell what it is.

Thump
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curly's Computer   

Back to top Go down

Curly's Computer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1