For my friends and familys amusement and edification

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

A Few Not Good Things

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thump

PostSubject: A Few Not Good Things   Wed May 06, 2009 9:17 am

Yesterday wasn't great. The emachine appears to have died, it just went off screen yesterday.
My mouse got so bad I'm using the blinking lights one from the Crayola set. Sucks.
Diane is out of town for 4 or 5 days and like Helen said, we'll miss her. I might as well go ahead
and cook up some stuff.
Curly came over and he'd had chest pains Monday night but they passed. He didn't look too good
though. It's been awhile since he had his last heart attack.
Helen was griping about the new chart system again but she's at Leesburg today with the old
paper charts so that's better. Probably still gripe though.

So far everything looks ok today but I better check on Curly afterwhile if I don't see him stirring
or hear from him. The new mouse may get here from Walmart on Friday or maybe not until next
Wednesday. Looks like an up open on the stock market.

Thump
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thumpnet.com
Thump

PostSubject: Re: A Few Not Good Things   Wed May 06, 2009 8:22 pm

Curly decided to go to the emergency room. He may have had chest pains but he just didn't look
too good. He looked a little better though getting in the car with Helen to go. I guess he don'st
worry about what to do when he's already decided.

Helen went out on the front porch and got a package and it was my mouse I ordered from Walmart
thanks Rock. Way earlier than it was supposed to, just 32 hours after I placed the order.

Thump
Back to top Go down
rockhump

PostSubject: A Few Not Good Things   Thu May 07, 2009 6:34 am

Sorry to hear about Curly..Did they keep him overnight?
What kind of mouse did you get? One of those wireless/laser deals. My next one will be wireless.
Also, sorry about Ma's computer hassle. I didn't figure that would go well but she'll get it in time I suppose.
Has Ma's gift card from Walmart showed up yet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thump

PostSubject: Re: A Few Not Good Things   Thu May 07, 2009 8:26 am

Yeah, they said if you come in with chest pains, you've bought yourself at least a 23 hour stay.
His cell phone is still from West Palm Beach so I fired up the magic jack and Helen called him this
morning. He's having stress tests this afternoon.

I just ordered two mice while I was at it, I've got plenty of the PS2 mice but the Dell doesn't have PS2 ports
and has to have USB mice. No wireless for me, I can't get far from the computer and see anyway. The
second mouse is a Microsoft but the cheapest Microsoft available. I'm still using the Crapola mouse
right now and I'm about used to it now. The Crayola set is just $10 now, just a dollar more than I paid
for the cheap mouse.

I'm running antispyware and antivirus on their two machines. Curly's said:
Last System Scan - Not Performed. I guess I didn't even bother to run it when I set it up.

The Walmart gift thing came yesterday.

Thump
Back to top Go down
jeanhump

PostSubject: A few good things   Thu May 07, 2009 10:19 am

Well, sorry that there was a kinda bad day in FL. Yesterday went well for me.
First I called the dermotologist who first labeled me with Lupus because I had some more
breaking out . He doesn't take my insurance but I figured he could call me in a prescription
like he had given me originally. His wife called me back and he wanted to see me. I
told her that he didn't accept my ins. and she told me to forget about it and come on in.
He determined that it wasn't a flare of lupus but exemic dermatitis (whatever that is). He gave me about 6 small shots in the back of my head where it was itching so bad, and a prescription. He sat and talked for about 10 minutes about dogs. He asked how peenut and
scooter were doing and about they wanted to replace their little schnauzer who died a few
months ago.
When I stopped to pay the clerk, she said there was no charge but that Sandy (Drs. wife) wanted to see me. She gave her a call and she came out of her office and talked 5 or 10 minutes about how much they thought of me etc. I was completely amazed.
For background, I kept their dog, when needed, for about 7 years until it died. and the doctor happened to be here when I fell and broke my hip and he also was the one my other doctor sent me to for
a biopsy for lupus.

Then, when I got home, I had a card with a "too-generous" check in the mail. Much thanks to Tommy and Helen.
Tell Helen that although it wasn't a humorous card, I got a laugh anyway when she wrote on there
" I couldn't find a real good funny card". I could picture her looking thru the cards for a funny one.

Buddy has an infection in his nose and then he knocked something off of a shelf and it hit him right
on the sore nose. So his day was even worse that usual.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rockhump

PostSubject: A Few Not Good Things   Fri May 08, 2009 7:29 am

Granny, it's nice to have good friends! You've obviously made quite an impression on the doc and his wife. Glad to hear it wasn't a lupus flare-up but I don't know about 6 shots in the back your head either..Couldn't have been much fun.
Buddy's had a lifetime of nose woes. Sorry for the latest.

Thump- did they let Curly come home?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thump

PostSubject: Re: A Few Not Good Things   Fri May 08, 2009 7:40 am

I hadn't heard of anything like that either, did the shots do any good stopping the itching?

All Curly's tests came out ok and he waited on the doctor a couple of hours and when he
hadn't come around, Curly signed himself out. He said he pulled a me but I told him I
was locked up and excaped in a wheel chair. Not the same at all.

Helen said to tell Rock that she got the gift certificate and thanks but you shouldn't have.

I've got used to the mouse from the Crayola set and haven't changed yet but here's they
are:

Here's the one I already got:

[img]

$8.88
Inland u-Click Black Optical USB Mouse
Product Page

Here's the one that's coming:

$12.98
Microsoft Optical Black Scrolling Mouse
Product Page

I'm still using the one from the Crayola set and have sort of gotten used to it.

$10.00
Was: $12.88
Clearance
Crayola 3-Piece Computer Kit with Keyboard, Mouse & Photo Mouse Pad
Product Page

Thump
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Few Not Good Things   

Back to top Go down

A Few Not Good Things