Thump's Place FL

For my friends and familys amusement and edification

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

More Trouble With The Tiger Direct Gift Card.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thump

PostSubject: More Trouble With The Tiger Direct Gift Card.   Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:19 am

I placed an order at Tiger Direct yesterday for some flash drives I wanted and yes, partly to try and recover the money from the gift card I used to make a purchase before and canceled when it was put on backorder. When I was finishing the forms it wouldn't take the gift card number on the purchase.

I called them and was informed that the money wasn't returned to the gift card but was now a "store credit" and didn't work on the forms. She transfered me to some guy and he took the order over the phone for my store credit and told me I had to respond to an email to pay the rest with PayPal.

I got the email and attempted to do that and thought it finished and worked. Wrong, this morning I got an e-mail saying my credit card company had refused to release the addittional funds and instructed me to contact the credit card company and resolve the matter. After I had done that, I was to call their number at 888-999-8800. I hadn't authorized them to charge any credit card so I just called the number. I told the girl that I didn't authorized them to bill my credit card.

After a few seconds she said "Oh no sir, it was PayPal" but had no answer to why I hadn't been contacted by PalPal about it.
New instructions. Go to the e-mail and click the "Track My Order" button at the bottom and I did and the bill came up and I was supposed to scroll to the bottom and click the "Track My Order" button again and put in a captcha of odd letters and the amount owed of $5.59 could be charged to my PayPal. I did that.

A little while later I got an email from PayPal saying my account had been billed $55.59. I called Tiger Direct again and got the same girl and told her what happened. She put me on hold while she "processed" my order. Longest wait yet, I went in the kitchen and had another drink of coffee and came back.

She came back on and said your account has been credited, do you have anymore questions? I said wait a minute, I don't want anymore damn store credit, store credit sucks. I want you to credit my PayPal account. Pause. She said it will be credited to your PayPal account. I said thank you very much but I'm sure she could tell I didn't meant it.

Waiting for a notice from PayPal that my account there has been credited now.

Thump
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thumpnet.com
rockhump

PostSubject: More Trouble With The Tiger Direct Gift Card.   Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:38 am

What a mess! No more TD gift cards.. Back to Walmart??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thump

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble With The Tiger Direct Gift Card.   Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:53 am

UPS has a record of it this morning, a departure scan from Illinois.
Nothing from PayPal about being credited. I'm going to go there and log on and see for
sure. I'm pretty sure I would have gotten an email if it had been credited.
I'm going to try and have PayPal withhold payment.
If that doesn't work, to hell with PayPal and I'll have the credit card company withhold
the money from them.

<edit>8:06
It's corrected at PayPal to $5.59

Thump
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thumpnet.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble With The Tiger Direct Gift Card.   

Back to top Go down

More Trouble With The Tiger Direct Gift Card.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1